Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When things don't make sense

I never imagined over a month ago when I started to pray specifically for ways to be an encouragement to Bill that life would change so much in such a short time. I sit here tonight in shock and with a broken heart at the recent turn of events.

Let me explain...

Those of you who know us in real life (or if you have read my blog for awhile) know that we have had our ups and downs with Bill's job situation. After completing 4 years of college last year it has been such a battle for him to secure a job. He has had one temp job after another. And there have been periods of time where he had no job at all. God has always been faithful throughout it all. Well, about 3 months ago Bill was finally offered a permanent position with a company that he had interviewed with. After much prayer he resigned his current temp job and took on his new role. It was a job that he really wanted, doing what he went to school for. It was his first salary paid job and with benefits and everything. :) He loved it and I was so excited to see him happy and doing something he loves. From an earthly material perspective life was good. Bill had a good job, I was getting to do what I love by staying home and teaching our kids, we were looking into buying our first home, and because of the new job I was going to be able to pursue something that I love...photography.

How quickly things can change...how quickly things can spiral...

Fast forward to today...

Because this is the world wide web and I don't know who all reads my blog, I am going to leave out the details. Today Bill came home jobless. For reasons beyond my comprehension he was forced to resign. An honest man who has done nothing but work hard to provide for His family. His desire has only been to serve and glorify God. The past few weeks have been very difficult for us. We have sensed that this was going to happen. His workplace was not what we had originally thought it to be. Suddenly it had turned hostile. I am just heartbroken to see my husband go through this...to watch the way he was being treated makes me sick.

Life often doesn't make sense, and yet we choose to praise Him. God is still good. We know that He will provide. I pray that He will give me the strength and the words I need to encourage my husband as we walk this road together. I can already see that He is drawing us closer to Him and to one another, and for that I am grateful.

If you think of it, please be in prayer for us. Life is very uncertain right now. We need wisdom as we seek the direction He wants us to go.

8 comments:

Our Family said...

Keeping your family in our prayers!!!

love ya :)

Bethany said...

so sorry... hugs to you!

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear what has happened. I know this is a hard time but remember to keep looking to the Lord. He will continue to watch over you & your family.

Tamara said...

That sounds just aweful. I am sorry. We are praying for you.

Mikaela said...

Oh Elizabeth, my heart aches for you. In the midst of it all, I can see you are seeking God above all else. Praying with you as you wait on the Lord. Know you are loved and prayed for!

Charlyn said...

We will wait on the Lord together. Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying.

Pete + Faith Olver said...

Just want you to know you're in my prayers.

Janelle and Ella said...

I am so sorry to hear this!! These are the emotions we went through last March when my husband was laid off. But you have a good heart and the Lord will bless you for praising Him through this rough time.

Babywearing