Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What they thought

It was love at first sight!

I can honestly say that this moment was one of the most amazing moments I have experienced in my lifetime. 2 hours after Kaitlyn was born, Bill ran over to his parents house and picked up the kids to bring them to meet their new sister. Even though it was their bedtime we just knew we couldn't wait until the morning to introduce them to her.

I don't think I could ever forget the moment they all came through the door bursting with energy and excitement. It's really hard to find the words to describe the joy I felt in introducing them to their new sister. To see their faces and how they accepted them into our family is indescribable. The oohs and awes and the can I see her tiny fingers and toes, were just precious. I am so thankful for all 5 of my blessings! My heart was was just bursting with gratefulness. My kiddos are so blessed to have one another. I am blessed to be their mama!












I keep wondering when the "honeymoon" will end, but every day the first thing the kids ask when they get up is "where is baby Kaitlyn? or "can I hold her."...even after 2 weeks. :)

We are so blessed. God is good!

5 comments:

The Bailie Clan said...

it WAS amazing to see them express such great joy, love and excitement!

you have such a wonderful family, Liz! God has blessed you greatly!

Bethany said...

Oh I love seeing these pictures! I can understand why your heart is bursting! God is so good!

Lindsay said...

These are beautiful pictures, Elizabeth. Their expressions clearly show that, like you said, it was love at first sight. Congratulations on sweet Kaitlyn joining your family. I showed the 1-week-old pics that you took to my 6-year-old daughter and we oohed and aahed together. She is precious.

Phyllis said...

I want to know what Claire was saying in the second to last photo. :-)

They're all beautiful!

Stephanie said...

So sweet! I just adore big families...yours included.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Babywearing