Friday, August 20, 2010

Our trip out east

It was a long trek from WI to OH but it was worth every long hot mile to be with my family.

Here we are going through Chicago. No offense to anyone who lives there but I am NOT a big fan of driving through this city. Although it is fun to look at it is NOT fun getting stuck in traffic every time we go there.

The only time the kids are allowed to play on their Dsi's is on long car trips. So they spend a lot of their time doing just that.


Waiting at a rest stop while I nursed Kaitlyn. This is what made our trip take 3 hours longer then it normally would. (I took the pic from out the front window of the van while I was nursing)



Sunset. We drove late into the night.


We did lots of fun things while we were there.

We played at a park that had a splash pad (I think that's what it's called). Claire and Gavyn (my sister's daughter) played in the water together.
James and his zest for life
You gotta love that face! :)
James and Gage running through the pad

This is pretty much what Kaitlyn did the whole time were were there. :)
Beautiful Anna
Okay so I threw this one in just to prove I was actually there. My sister Allie is sitting next to me.
My brother really wanted to take the kids fishing. This was their first time. My brother Matt enjoys fishing. Although he never really had much of a chance to fish because he spent the the whole time putting worms on hooks and helping all the kids.

Bill caught the first fish...which is really funny because he told us before we went out there that he used to go as a kid and NEVER caught anything. :)


The kids were very intrigued.


Uncle Matt helping James.
My beautiful 2 year old niece Gavyn.
Aunt Dana (my brother's wife) helping Claire.

Gage playing in the rocks.
James and his cousin Gage.
The boys. They have fun together. I think this is my favorite picture.
Uncle Matt also took us mini golfing. That was a big hit. Although some of the kiddos needed a little help.

And I had to throw this one in just because Bill makes me laugh.
Can't wait to do this again! I just wish we lived closer so we didn't have to wait so much time between seeing each other.

No comments:

Babywearing