Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekly Wrap

Not too much to say for this week.  I am tired and not feeling well. I came down with a head cold this weekend and have felt pretty icky. I didn't get much done the last few days except for the necessary homework and some laundry.  Ryan also came down with something tonight.  I just had to run up to his room a bit ago because he said he was cold.  Poor guy was shivering and had teeth chattering.  I took his temp, 103.00 degrees Fahrenheit. I covered him with more blankets, gave him a heated rice bag, some Advil, and a drink of water. Hopefully he goes to sleep soon.  Looks like I won't be going to classes tomorrow. Actually this semester is going WAY better in the heath department then the last too so far.  The first semester I missed about a month's worth of classes, this semester I have only missed 2 days in the past 5 weeks.  Pretty good I would say.

Speaking of classes...have I mentioned how much I am enjoying this semester? I love how hands on this semester is and how we get to put everything we have learned into practice. One thing I have learned about myself (one out of a hundred things) is that I am more of a hands on learner then I realized. I never really knew that about myself. I learn best when I am an active participant.  I don't like to be the center of attention but sometimes with this learning style I have to put myself out of my comfort zone. I am sure knowing this about myself will come in handy later in the future.

As much as I am enjoying this semester it is also a lot of work.  We have about 4 papers coming up within the next 3 weeks.  All of which are going to take a lot of thought. Which for me means hours and hours of work. {smile}

I don't think I've mentioned it but the kids started Awana a few weeks ago.  This is James' first year in Cubbies. He was really hesitant the first 2 weeks.  Bill and I talked and decided that we wouldn't force him to go if he wasn't comfortable. So the following week we asked him if he would like to go to Cubbies he said yes.  Now he looks forward to it every week. He is so excited to learn his verse.  I love it! Claire is feeling a little left out as she is the only one (well, other then Katy) not going to Awana, but her time will come soon enough...hard to believe! My babies are growing so much.

Speaking of verses, Claire recited 3 whole verses from Psalms the other day.  I was amazed! I asked her to repeat it like 3 times and she did. They are learning Psalm 100:1-3 in Toddlers.  I got it on video because I thought it was too cute (I know I biased). {smile} If you watch the video you will have to turn the Volume up because she is pretty quiet. 


For family night on Friday we watched part of Fiddler on the Roof with the kids.  I thought it might be a little too old (like they just wouldn't enjoy it) but they all loved it and were really into it. We didn't even get half way through it so we will have to finish it on another family night. Family nights are really the only time we let the kids watch any sort of TV. It's a long story (if you don't know it already) and one I want to write about sometime. It works really well for our family not to have so much TV.  When the kids are bored they have other things to entertain themselves with.

Katy has officially discovered her voice. I was thinking she would be a little bit older when this happened but I guess she is Anna and Claire's sister {grin} (they both discovered their voices pretty young too)! Unfortunately she discovered it during one of our classes.  So I sat out in the hallway while Katy sang me a beautiful song.  She sounds like a little bird.  It's so funny because she sounds exactly how Claire did. Claire used to sing these high pitched songs when she was a baby.  It really is very sweet...just not during class time. {smile} I need to get it on video one of these days.

I had a few other things I was going to write down, but it's late and I need to go feed Katy so I can get to bed. I'll save it for next week...if I remember {smile}.

That's a wrap until next week!

2 comments:

Nikolai Family said...

Aww.. Claire is getting SO big already. I love her cute, little voice. :) Prayers for Ryan so he feels better soon.

The Bailie Clan said...

so sweet about the little birdy voice! :) i love it!

i'm so happy you're having such a fun time in class, and that your children are keeping well for the most part....

Babywearing