Monday, November 29, 2010

Sometimes

Sometimes I forget how old she is. She seems so much older. We hold such grown up conversations. She is growing up so fast. She is so smart and funny. She always surprises me.

But then on nights like tonight when:
~She climbs up unto the dresser and gets into her big sisters lip gloss and uses it as lotion...and makes herself look like the joker.
~Drags a Rubbermaid container out of the closet (when I'm in the other room nursing) and uses it as a stool so she can squeeze/eat a tube of tooth paste.
~Closes her bedroom door, locks it and turns on the fan to poop in her pants. When I try to enter she tells me to go away because she isn't finished yet.
~Finds poop on her blanket because she put it there. (so nasty)
~Cries because I need to wash her blankie.
~Gets out of bed fifty times (Oh why, oh why, can't she be like the other kids and just GO TO SLEEP...Oh and yes I just had to stop typing because Claire got out of bed again. She told me that she wanted to "watch Ice Age the Dinosaurs." What in the world!)
~Has one hundred excuses at bedtime, "I'm thirsty." "I need my tissue." "I need to go potty." and the list goes on.
~Tells me that she wants diapers for Christmas.

And then I remember...

She is still only two! It's a good thing she is so cute. :) When she looks at me with those pretty blue eyes and says, "mommy hold you." I pick her up and she folds herself in my arms and I sigh! Oh I love you sweet girl...even if I am wondering if you are too old to put back into a crib. {grin!}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweetie :) As for the poop... I feel for you:) I've been dealing with so much of it since beginning our cloth diaper adventure I now consider myself the poo queen! I have a feeling Levi is going to be difficult at bed-time as well, he already fights it every. single. time. {Sigh}

Nicole said...

LOL, we're waiting as long as we can on the crib thing with Jack. What a sweet little stinker of a girl you have there! :)

Allie said...

Oh my word! I just died of laughter. We can so relate here and I was just talking to Greg about putting Gavie back in her crib (she would climb out though). At least we are getting a lot of good stories out of them at this age.

Babywearing