Monday, January 3, 2011

Graduation

Graduation ceremony

We are officially done with school as of December 22, 2010.  It's hard to believe that it has been a year and a half already. It honestly just flew by.  The school held a ceremony for our class of 47 on Wednesday evening. Unfortunately Bill and I were not able to make it. I ended up taking Kaitlyn to the Emergency Room and spent most of the day there.  She was coughing and having trouble breathing.  Turns out she has bronchiectasis. She needs to be on breathing treatments every 4 hours (as needed) to help clear up the wheezing in her chest. Long story, but I went to Wal-mart after being at the ER for HOURS to get Kaitlyn's medication.  I waited in the store for 45 minutes to get the prescription only to be told they they were out of stock.  They then had to call around town to see if anyone else had the medication we needed.  Every pharmacy in town was out of stock.  So I had to get the prescription filled at another store 30 minutes away. I ended up driving home without medicine because Kaitlyn was tired and hungry.  

Bill went out to the store when I got home.  By the time he got home the graduation ceremony had already started.  (We had already called to let them know that we most likely weren't going to make it).  I was a little disappointed at first, but then realized that it was alright. One of first lessons I learned while at school (when our kids kept getting sick and kept bringing home lice from the public school) was that when I missed a day of class and had to stay home with our little ones, that I was right where the Father wanted me. He had me home for a reason and could still teach me valuable lessons. I just had to learn to look to Him. He proved Himself faithful over and over.


Due to technology we were able to stream the graduation ceremony right into our home so we could listen live. We were able to still feel a part. :) We just celebrated from home with our classmates all that the Father has done in our lives. What a blessing!

We are praising and thanking  God for all that He has accomplished in the last year and a half. We look forward to seeing what is to come next.  So, stay tuned...

No comments:

Babywearing