Friday, January 16, 2009

30

I am officially a part of the 30's club. :) I had my birthday last Thursday (Jan. 8th). I have to say it was one of the best birthdays I have ever had! (Way better then last year...post on that later.) Despite the fact that Bill was in Atlanta for work most of the week, it really was a great day. I think most of it had to do with my attitude and God's grace. :)

The kids decided to throw me a "surprise" party. I got out balloons and cupcakes and Anna did the rest. I let them each blow out a candle. There wasn't room for 30 candles so we decided that 3 would be a good representative...one for each decade. :) Instead of gifts, Anna and Ryan drew pictures of what they would give me if they could. I love that!
We played birthday games. Anna made her own version of pin the tail on the donkey.
Bill surprised me by having roses sent to the house. Needless to say I was so touched. What a sweet and romantic thing to do.
Aren't they beautiful?!
I ended to evening by driving to the airport to pick up Bill from his trip. That was so fun. A friend came over and stayed with the kids who were sleeping (it was an 11:00 p.m. flight). I waited anxiously for Bill to walk down the long hallway to me. I felt like I had gone back in time to when we were first dating (long distance) and we would fly to see each other. I had butterflies in my stomach. It was so so great to see one another again...what a perfect gift! What a perfect ending to my day.

A few people have asked how I feel being 30. I don't feel any different. :) In fact I think it was about time that I finally entered a new decade. :) I feel very blessed. I mean, I have a God who is on my side, I have 4 beautiful children, a husband who loves me and that I am madly in love with. Things aren't perfect, but I wouldn't want them to be. This has been an incredible journey so far and I know there is an exciting future ahead (more on that later). I look forward to the next 30!

10 comments:

Pam said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Liz! Sounds like you had a really nice day celebrating. And the roses are beautiful. What a nice surprise!

Pam

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend! I love how you celebrated the day! And how romantic to get roses at the door and meet your husband at the airport! It's like a movie!!! HEE HEE!

Janelle and Ella said...

Happy 30th Birthday!! I didn't realize we were the same age. I turn 30 in 3 months!

Charlyn said...

I love how grateful you are for all that God has given you. You are truly blessed.

You seem too young to be 30. I feel like I should still be 30. Wait, scratch that, I feel like I should still be 16! LOL!

Happy birthday my sis in Christ!

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Glad you could enjoy yourself with the kids & what a great gift to have your husband come home on your b-day. Husbands are wonderful.

Our Family said...

That was sooo sweet!! I'm glad you had a great birthday :) I'll be joining you soon enough..lol

Anonymous said...

Awww, that does sound like an amazing birthday! What sweet kids and what a sweet husband. I am so happy you had a good birthday :)

Tamara said...

Happy belated birthday! So glad you got your man back (the best present of all!!!)

Grahamommy said...

I know I have told you already, but I am so glad you had a great birthday. I am glad you are thirty now. I don't feel a whole decade older. :p

Stephanie said...

I have always thought that if I could be one age forever it would be 30. There's something so nice about it. Still young, but not too young...

Happy Birthday!

Babywearing