Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A new playlist

I recently started doing the Couch to 5k. A friend of mine had told me about this several months ago, but I put off starting it, partly because of the heat and partly because I wasn't sure I could do it.  Finally after feeling antsy (running seems to help when I am feeling this way) I determined that I would give it a go.  The first time I went out, I knew it was very doable for me.  I loved the training plan. I love how it gradually builds.  I have tried running in the past and have never stuck with it.  Having a plan makes it so much easier to stick with it. I feel like I am accomplishing something.

Okay, so to the point of why I am writing this...

When I run I like to take my MP3 player with me.  It helps to pass the time to have something to listen to.  The problem is right now I feel like I keep listening to the same songs over and over.  So I want to put a question out there to all you who exercise...what is on your playlist?  I am looking for some more upbeat running type music.  I listen mostly Christian music, so if you know of any upbeat Christian music that would be great...but I am open to all types of suggestions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am excited to see you're doing this program! I've thought about it several times and would love to try it out :)

I have a couple song suggestions for you! Even if you don't use them to run they are all very happy, pick me up tunes!

Beautiful - Sarah Sadler (the first few seconds are a little weird but after that it's very upbeat)

Magic - Rabbit

Life is Sweet - Rabbit

Light Outside - Wakey!Wakey! (One of my favorite inspirational songs)

Forever - Chris Brown (not always a fan of pop or rap, but love the beat!)

Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root

5 years time - Noah & the Whale

Wendy said...

Off the top of my head - sing, sing, sing by stephen curtis chapman.
songs by david crowder band are usually upbeat. also, i really like the song glorious day right now. hope that helps! :)

Babywearing