Monday, August 1, 2011

A story to tell

 
I haven't been writing. Well, I guess that's not totally true. I have written a few things but just not for anyone's eyes but my own. Sharing a piece of my heart makes me feel so vulnerable. For whatever reason the things on my heart have felt too personal to share, so I haven't. I haven't been willing to go there and open myself up and let others see the good things...or the hard things.

Recently though, I was convicted about the reason why I haven't wanted to share. Truth be told, I worry too much about what others think of me. fear of displeasing others...it's an old friend I thought I had kicked to the curb. I guess not entirely. I know I need to be considerate in what I write and not be offensive, but I am not referring to offending others. I am talking about the fear of being judged. Why am I so concerned about this? The Lord opened my eyes and showed me that He can be glorified through my sharing our story with others. And so, I have begun to write again with renewed passion. Fear be gone!

Through my life joys and sorrows, I have a story to tell.

And it's coming soon. :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm with you! I clam up and stop writing when I feel things are too personal. I look forward to reading what God has been teaching you and maybe it will inspire me to open up more too!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and life. Really- I have truly enjoyed reading both your blogs and getting a glimpse into your life. What an encouragement. God has really given you a gift of being able to communicate and you bring Him such glory through it! I have been thoroughly blessed!

PS-it was so wonderful to meet up with you at the Bright Lights conference :).

In Him,
Denise Darland

Babywearing