Sunday, April 20, 2008

An evening to remember

Our date night last night was so great! After we dropped the 3 older kids off at church, to be watched by several loving families, Bill and I headed up to the bluff. We sat in the car, overlooking the lake, and reminisced while I fed Claire. We talked about our first date, first time we held hands, and other fun memories. In that moment all was right and perfect. I LOVE being with Bill. He is the one after 8 years of marriage I still day dream about. He still makes me laugh with the things he says. My heart still flutters when he looks at me! :) I will not pretend that we have a perfect marriage...we don't. We have our hard moments. But, I feel very blessed to have this man in my life. I am very much in love with my husband.

After I was done feeding Claire, we headed over to Bill's parents. They offered to watch Claire so we could go to the movies. We decided to see the movie Expelled. Not a romantic movie, actually it's a documentary, but we both really liked it. It was very interesting. I highly recommend it!

I would say we had the perfect night. It really wouldn't have mattered what we had done..any time together is great! I had Bill's mom snap a picture (of course Bill had to blink, and then the camera died so we couldn't retake it. :) ), to capture this monumental evening.

I am so thankful for the evening out. I love being together as a family, but time away as a couple was definitely needed!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

How nice! Glad you could have some quality time together!!!

Also, thanks for the movie recommendation. I plan on seeing that movie but it's nice to hear ahead of time that it's good. :)

Grahamommy said...

I'm so glad you guys actually went somewhere and had such a great time. It means so much to get a night out... especially when it is so rare. :)

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

Oh my goodness!!! Where on the bluff were you guys? We were there too! We went to cousins, grabbed our subs and went on the bluff to over look the lake and eat it. We love it there; except for when it is smelly! We even brought up how funny it would be if somebody else in our ABF would possibly be there! hehe. And you were....
Im glad you had a great date!

The Bailie Clan said...

hee hee...cute pic! :)

that's cute that you talked about your first date, etc... josh would never do that! lol... guess we're to goofy and not romantic enough!

but we as well have gone to the movies a few months back for the first time in ages...and it was a very nice time out... and i felt the same way as you... that no matter what we would of done, it was just nice to be ALONE!

hopefully we'll all get to do that again sometime soon! :)

The Bailie Clan said...

p.s. isn't that guy in american pie?! ahhhhhh! i don't know if i'll be able to see that film just because of that! : /

Our Family said...

YEAH...I'm so glad you guys had a nice date night :) I'm sure it was much needed for both of you.

Cute pic...you look beautiful!!!

Babywearing