Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dear Claire

Photobucket
My sweet Claire,

Words cannot express the depths of love I feel for you. You were a gift to us and I feel so humbled to have received. I remember so clearly the day I found out you would be joining our family. We were so surprised, but my heart could not have been more full. I knew that God had a plan and that you were a perfect part of that.

I savored every moment I had with you growing inside of me. Every little kick and movement made me all the more excited to see and hold you. I fell head over heals for you the moment I heard your first cry. Your birth was perfect. It was the most amazing, peaceful experience. We praised the Creator for your sweet life. Your middle name "Eliana" was chosen because it means, "My God has answered", and He had. God is good and I pray that you will come to see that over time.

Every time I look into your beautiful blue eyes I see God's grace...and I can't believe you are mine. I see how God has used you already so much in our family. I see how God used you to deepen my love for your daddy. He used you along with other circumstances to draw me closer to the Savior. You fit right in with your older sister and brothers. You love them so much, and they can't get enough of you. The boys always make you laugh, and you adore your big sis. Whenever they enter the room your face lights up. This makes my heart melt. We are so blessed that God chose you to be in our family.

Already I can see God has given you a sensitive heart. You love to snuggle. You are a mama's girl. That of course makes me happy. But even though you always want me, you LOVE your daddy. You always reach your arms to him and give him pats and hugs. You have captured his heart...wrapped him around your finger. Daddy gets excited to see you when he gets home for lunch, he always checks to make sure you are still up so that he can have one last fill of you before heading out again. Your smile is contagious and you make many hearts happy.

Claire I pray that you remember that you are special, you are loved, you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Most importantly I pray that you come to know the one who knit you together in the secret place, the One who planned your life from the beginning of time, the One who loves you even more then I do. His love is so deep for you, that He sent his Son to die on the cross just for you. I pray you understand that someday, and that you come to love Jesus as much as I do.

I cannot believe that a year has past. It is bittersweet. I already miss that tiny babe you were, but yet I have loved every minute of watching you grow and learn and will continue to be amazed at all God has created you to be. God has a plan for you my sweet girl. I am excited that I get to watch His plan for you unfold.

Happy 1st birthday!

With all my love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Pam said...

What a sweet letter to a beautiful little girl!

God's Girl said...

What an awesome tribute to your precious little girl. God is so good to give us these priceless gifts, we call kids. : )

Babywearing