Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nasty Bug

I have been absent from here, there and everywhere this week because our family was hit with some strand of stomach bug. It started out with James on Monday night. I was up until about 3 with him. Poor little guy didn't understand what was going on. He screamed every time I held the bucket under his chin...like he thought the bucket was causing his sickness. Tuesday evening Bill came down with it (although he at least wasn't throwing up like James). Thankfully that night I got a good nights sleep. Anna got sick Wednesday afternoon. She was hit the hardest. She couldn't keep anything down for 10 hours, so of course I was up with her all night as well. Thursday evening I got hit hard with this nasty bug...I'll spare the details, but let's just say I haven't been that sick in probably 10 years.

We decided to lay low the rest of the weekend. Bill was able to stay home from work on Friday to take care of me and the kids....that was a blessing! We were hoping and praying that Ryan and Claire would not catch what the rest of us had. Unfortunately Claire woke up at 2:30 this morning throwing up in her crib. Ugh! My poor baby. So I was up again until about 4:30 with her. Claire's sickness didn't last as long, which is so good because I was worried about her getting dehydrated. Aside from being fussy and not having her normal appetite she is doing pretty good. We are still waiting to see if Ryan will actually get sick or not.

I have to say we have been very blessed. Would you believe that this is the FIRST time our family has had a stomach bug? Anna is almost 8 and has never thrown up like that. In fact she was so scared when it happened that she started yelling, "call an ambulance". She really thought she was going to die. Bless her little heart! It was sad and funny at the same time.! We are slowly all on the mend. I am hoping to get things back in order this week. It's crazy how far behind you get when you get sick for a few days. Moms just aren't supposed to get sick, ya know?

Praying you all can avoid this nasty nasty bug that invaded our home this past week. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. I am SO looking forward to spring! I think I've had enough of this cold and flu season!

4 comments:

Pam said...

So sorry y'all have had such a dreadful week!

I hope Ryan will be able to escape the illness. Glad to know everyone else is on the mend.

Have a BETTER week,
Pam

Bethany said...

I hope everyone is feeling better now! Ug - what a rough week for you!

strohlie said...

oh, you poor thing. and anna, oh man. i read this blog http://johnnysjourneytovictory.blogspot.com/
and thought of you and your (all of our) journey(ies) to love our husbands better.

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh, I am SO sorry!! I HATE stomach bugs!! It is just miserable. And there is nothing worse than seeing your children sick.

Babywearing