Monday, February 15, 2010

Granola Recipe

I have decided I want to start sharing more of my favorite recipes. I love trying new things and I thought I might share the love. :)

I have tired a lot of different granola recipes but I think this is by far the best one I've made. I have to give credit to Andrea. I found the recipe on her blog.


Mix together in a large bowl
4 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I always use pecans but you can use whatever you like)
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In a medium size bowl, mix until smooth:
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry and mix very thoroughly. Spread onto a big cookie sheet.

Bake at 315 degrees in increments of 10 minutes. Check every 10 minutes but Do NOT stir. If you make a double batch, switch your top and bottom baking sheets after each 10 minutes.

Bake until golden. Mine usually takes around 30 minutes (sometimes a little less). Let cool and then turn onto a sheet(s) of wax paper.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was actually just thinking recently that I would like to try my hand at making homemade granola. Thanks for the recipe! :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Sarah DJ said...

Mmmm, this sounds so good! I love homemade granola - but have never tried it with peanut butter in the wet ingredients! I'll definitely be making this...
And I linked over from Hayley's blog! :-)

Babywearing