Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy birthday baby

Our baby had a birthday on the 21st. It's hard to believe that she is 2!! How can that be possible? I still remember the day she was born so clearly.

Things Claire is doing right now:
She has developed quite the vocabulary and says pretty much everything
She can't pronounce "c" or "k" so replaces all of them with a "t"
She loves to play outside and run
She loves babies
She loves to color
Her favorite food are oranges
She wants do do everything on her own
Showing interest in going potty
Has to have her favorite book (she calls it "Sunshine baby") read to her at naptime and bedtime
She also sleeps with that favorite book
She still sucks her thumb at naptime and bedtime
She still sleeps with her favorite blankie
We can never keep socks and shoes on her
She loves to do anything her older siblings are doing
She thinks she is a big kid too
She is getting a little attitude and will put her hands on her hips
She cries easily especially if someone else is crying
She still loves to snuggle
She can count to 8
She loves to sing

I'm sure there is more but that's what comes to mind right now.

The other day when I dropped her off at her little mini's class her teacher said to me, "we hid her blankie in her cubbie this morning and it seemed to help. She acted less babyish." I wanted to respond, "She acted less babyish? But she is my baby." Instead, I asked her teacher if it would be best if we didn't bring it with her in the mornings. She thought it would be good for Claire to leave it home. Sigh! I'm just not ready for her to grow up...appearently. One more step away from babyhood. I know this is a good thing these are milestones, but in a way it makes me sad. So the blankie stays home and Claire does fine without it. :)

Wow 2 years old!

Claire, you have filled our lives with so much joy. You were an unexpected gift that we will always praise God for. God has given you a tender little heart. We are so excited to see what He has in store for you. I pray that you will come to know and love Jesus as your Savior. I know He will use the gifts He has give you in a mighty way.

Happy birthday sweet girl! We love you!






4 comments:

Jenn with Munchkin Land Designs said...

Liz, two years old?! Seriously?! I really expected to read that she's one, not two!! Wow, time flies. She is beautiful and so precious.

We also have that red "special" plate and it also comes out for birthdays too.

Melissa G said...

Aw, cute pictures!
I'm impressed that she can count to 8 already!

I don't know if you accept blog awards or not but there's one for you on my blog today! I can see that you are a beautiful bloggger and totally deserve this award!

Bethany said...

Oh my word - look at all that hair - I LOVE that last picture! I cannot believe she's TWO! And I would have cried if the teacher had told me that my baby was less babyish! LOL!

Stephanie said...

What beautiful pictures! What a beautiful girl!

P.S. I love that "you are special today" plate. Where did you buy it?

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Babywearing