Sunday, June 24, 2007

A treasure amidst the junk

Yesterday was a work day for us around the house. I worked in the basement cleaning up all our storage and purging everything we don't use or need anymore. Bill worked outside on the cars. The kids helped with odds and ends. It felt good to get so much done. We were tired by the time we put the kids to bed. So, Bill and I built a fire in the fire pit and sat around and enjoyed it...relaxing after a good day of hard work. I love days like that!

Anyway, while I was in the basement I came across a few note cards sitting on top of one of the boxes. They were notes I had from one of the speeches I had given while in Bible collage. I'm not sure why they were just sitting there...but I picked them up and read through them. I was totally blown away at how timely they were. It was like God placed them there just to remind me of His goodness, His perfect plan and His love for me.

"When I learn to say yes to God's will I am no longer preoccupied with myself, my abilities or the dreams for my life. Letting go of my dreams means my future will not be the way I always expected it to be. Only then, when I have released my death grip on what I believe God should do, the way I believe He should do it, and when I believe it should happen, am I free to fully receive what God has for me. If God calls me to put my dreams on the alter, I need to trust Him to replace them or revive them in a way that makes the original pale by comparison." quote by Gary Mayes

God you are so good to give me this reminder. Notes from a speech I gave so long ago...I am amazed that I came across them. Oh Father I surrender everything to You. All my hopes all my dreams....my life is in your hands to do what you want with it. You are so good and gracious to me. Your love amazes and humbles me. When I feel like darkness has surrounded me, you pull me out and into the light. I stand in awe. I am waiting on you, in your time to reveal what it is you have planned. I know it will be above and beyond what my dreams could ever be. It may not come in the form of anything I have imagined but I trust in you Father! I love you!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

WOW...that was Awesome to find those in such a needed time right now. I am praying for you and know that God will lead you guys on the right path.

The Graham Family said...

I continue to think of this quote since you told me about it. I am feeling challenge by it as well. It is something that is too much to write in a comment to you, but it is making me feel like I really need to re-evaluate my life. I feel the need to start "My own" blog for my personal journal to sort out my thoughts and dreams. I may have to do that. Thank you again so much for sharing. You are a real inspiration.

Babywearing