Monday, May 5, 2008

The Peace that follows

After I posted about my fears a month ago, I was totally blown away by everyone who reached out to me through comments, e-mails and phone calls. The prayers that have been prayed for us have meant so much to me. Thank you friends for loving us and taking time to care.

God is so good. Although I still don't have any idea what is going to happen with our family, and we don't know where and when God will provide a job, I have total peace at the moment. I know that this is only from God. I walked through 2 weeks of complete fear. I let it consume me. I lost hours of sleep. It overtook me and literally made me sick. I realized that it was a sin on my part to get so caught up in worrying about something that might or might not happen. I had to surrender to God and lay my burdens at his feet.

The job in AZ didn't work out. Can I say I am happy about that? :) That however doesn't mean that Bill still won't have to take a temp job away from here. We just don't know. However he does have a job interview here on Thursday. So I am praying for God's will. In my mind this job would be so great. It's a permanent placement, and it's close to home. I am trying NOT to get my hopes up...I know that this could be a long road. He may not get the first job he interviews for. I am resting in the moment and trusting that God does have a plan...and His plans are always perfect. I don't need to fear anything!

If you think of it, please pray for Bill Thursday. His interview is at 9 a.m. This is the biggest interview he has ever had. It's 5 hours long!!

And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:7

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3


3 comments:

Joshua said...

I would be a little happy too! We are praying for Bill on Thursday. Keep us updated. :)

Janelle and Ella said...

Amen!

Grahamommy said...

I will be praying for him. :)

Thoughts from the past

Babywearing