Monday, March 16, 2009

Spiritual passion

Yesterday's spiritual passion cannot be today's energy. Passion quickly dissipates; it must be restored. Like the manna God gave the Israelite's in the desert, spiritual passions spoils quickly. As Moses and and his people had to collect manna daily, so we must restore spiritual passion regularly. We would be wise to know how it so quickly disappears and what we can do when that happens.
~Gordon MacDonald
I have been praying about how I can rekindle spiritual passion...to keep the fire burning. It is a daily choice to be in God's Word to sit at His feet. His Word is a light for my path, it is the food the energizes my soul. I want to fall more in love with my Savior. To read His Word like a love letter...like I just can't get enough.

2 comments:

The Jessie James Gang said...

This is something I struggle with too.
The most close and precious times with my saviour have come during the worst and rock-bottom lowest times of my life. I would never want to live through them again, but I wish I could keep the presence of the Lord that He poured out in my time of need.
It is those times that we know we need Him, and I have to remember that I need Him always, not just when I have nowhere else to run.

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing this!

Babywearing