Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You Capture: Joy

Photobucket
This weeks You Capture challenge is "Joy". At first I thought about taking pictures of my kids and husband. Obviously they bring me much joy. However, I really wanted to capture the thing that brings me a deeper, fuller joy then anything else in life....that would be my walk with my Lord. I find such joy in spending time in His Word. When I am able to rise early in the morning before my children, I brew a pot of coffee and sit in the quietness of the of the new day at my Saviors feet.

This is my chair...my quiet little corner of the house.


One of my favorite passages highlighted in the Psalms.
Thou wilt make known to me the path of life; in thy presence is fullness of joy; in thy right hand there are pleasures forever. Psalm 16:11 NASV

Head on over to Beth's blog to check out how others captured joy.

19 comments:

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

Thanks for sharing your spot with us!

Erin said...

I found joy in quiet moments this week, too, so I definitely understand yours. I love how you shared the highlighted verse, too!

Andrea @ The Train To Crazy said...

I need a quiet spot like that!! How wonderful.

Phyllis said...

I memorized that verse last week! Have you read Satisfy My Thirsty Soul?

tiarastantrums said...

GORGEOUS - and I was so thinking of taking a photo of the new bible I rec'd for Christmas . . .

Jessi said...

Perfect. Seeing a well worn Bible brings me joy :)

Nell said...

Fantastic shots of joy. I love your direction with them. I always like to look for the type of shots that no one was expecting...this week, I had to go with the shot of my child as it was too great, though.

Nell
SheSnaps.com

The Animator's Wife said...

No greater JOY. Thanks for sharing this!

Unknown said...

Just perfect, pure Joy. Beautiful.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I LOVE your perspective on this one. These are awesome.

Steph

Unknown said...

GREAT PICTURES...It screams joy to me too!

Mominin said...

He is definitely the bringer of joy! Great shots...I especially like the one of the bible verse.

Anonymous said...

What a cozy spot! I have always said I need a little corner of my own, but I think that place in my house would end up as a collection zone for clothes.

Cathy said...

Neat. Lovely capture of a great spot.

Amy said...

Those are awesomely wonderful shots. Love them :)

VanessaKim said...

I love it. I have my own little corner too.

Shae said...

nicely done!

Pam said...

Great shots, Liz! And great post to go along wth them.

Stephanie said...

What beautiful pictures. They really do exude joy. I got goosebumps when I read that verse.

Babywearing