Friday, May 1, 2009

My first wedding shoot :)

I had the privilege of taking pictures at a wedding Thursday morning. When my friend called to see if I would take pictures for her daughter's wedding, I was just a bit excited. :) Although WAY out of my league as I am new to all this picture taking stuff, I felt honored that they would ask me to help out.

It was small and intimate ceremony. Just the bride and groom's parents, grandparents and siblings. The groom was leaving for military training the next day, so they decided to get married before he had to leave.

Seeing this young couple brought me back to my early days of being in love.








The Bride's grandparents reminding us that you are never too old, or been married too long to hold hands! :)

After the ceremony it is often a tradition to go to a bar, but since this isn't a bar family, they went to Starbucks, where the bride works. It seemed a fitting atmosphere for this young, fun, hip couple.
It certainly was a "new day" for the happy couple!





After Starbucks, they headed over to a beautiful club to enjoy some lunch. What a joy it was for me to watch as the bride and grooms families laughed, told stories, and celebrated the uniting of a new family.


The bride's parents.



A private moment together.
Congratulations M & K. May God bless you in the years to come. I pray that the love you have for one another now will only continue to grow and mature. Thank you for allowing me to share in your special day with you.


7 comments:

Pam said...

What an honor, Liz!

These are beautiful pictures. You have such a great eye for photography. I really like to one of their rings on the leaf of the plant. Great idea.

Nell said...

Liz, how beautiful! Really, I mean it. Those shots are so amazing. I love the variety, and creativity, and lighting...all of it!

Nell
SheSnaps.com

Holly said...

Great photos! I LOVE the one of them sitting on the stairs with their shoes at the bottom! I like your style of photography A LOT. :)

Tessa's Mommy said...

Beautiful pictures!!! You are very creative when it comes to setting up pictures! I have learned so much from you! Thanks for sharing!!

strohlie said...

Liz, you were like a horse set out of the gates!!! This was the perfect way to start. The couple is so cute.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Um, first of all, did you design this yourself?! Gorgeous!!

Beautiful job on the photography. You're very talented Miss Liz! =)

Stephanie said...

I love that photo of the older couple holding hands. It's always very sweet and inspiring to see that kind of thing.

Babywearing