Monday, May 11, 2009

For the love of reading

This is my spring/summer reading list

FOR FUN:
~The Twilight series, by Stephanie Meyers

Yes I jumped on that bandwagon. :) Totally not the kind of book I would usually read, and never thought I would read it. However I just finished the first one and I really enjoyed it. I borrowed it from a friend, but it is one that I wouldn't mind owning! It did take me about 2 and a half weeks to finish it (unlike most of my friends who read it in a day or two) because it is so hard for me to find the time to read. I am starting the next book in the series (New Moon) tonight. :)


~The Shack by William Young

This one is the next book to read on my list. My mother in law read it (and several others I know) and said I HAD to read it. I have heard mixed reviews about it, so I am interested to see what it is all about.





SPIRITUAL GROWTH:

~Hinds Feet on High places by Hannah Hannard

This is a book that has been sitting on my bookshelf for YEARS and I have never read it. I have been wanting to for a long time, and now seems to be the right time to do it for whatever reason.




~The complete Green Letters by Miles Stanford

I have read parts of this book over the years...first reading it in Bible school...but I have never finished it. I decided this summer to do a Bible study with a few other woman at church using this book. I HIGHLY recommend it.




CLASSICS:

~Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

I am a big fan of Jane Austen, my favorite being Pride and Prejudice. I thought this would be a good read to add to my list this summer.


I make a list like this every summer. Last summer I hardly got through any of the books that I wanted to read. I don't know how well I will do this year, but these are my goals. It may not seem like a lot (and trust me I would LOVE to read more), but I know this summer is going to be crazy busy...so we'll see how far I get.

How about you? Have you read any of these? What did you think? Do you have a list of books for the summer (or any time of year)? Do you have an good recommendations? What have you read recently?

Let me hear your thoughts!

7 comments:

The Bailie Clan said...

WOW! That looks like a library! :P :)

I love Jane Austin's - movies...hee hee....

I could never read a book cover to cover.......not my thing...but I have been hearing good things about the Twilight series..

Enjoy! :) Glad you get the time to do that!

Loving Life said...

Hey Dearie! I've read most of your list (but not the Twilight Searies yet)...looks good! I have a stack of books myself but I'm not quite in the mood yet- I've got to get my garden in *cringe*...time is running out!
Love the pics of your kidlets! So precious!!! Love ya!

Charlyn said...

I have read the twilight series - loved it! And I've read the shack. It was good - gives you a totally different spin on God. Not that it is biblical, but good nonetheless.

I am always reading a book. Last summer I think I read all of Karen Kingsbury's books. I think there are over 70 of them!

Lately I've been reading Jane Kirkpatrick. Her books are usually set in the late 1800s early 1900s. It is little house on the prairie/indian type stories of faith. Love em!

I also have a few books of Anya's that I'd like to tackle by Angela Hunt - Keepers of the Ring series.

Reading is my escape. I'll be taking a few books with me next weekend when I drive Kayla down to Kansas to live with Michael! If you think of us - be praying. Pray for all of the details to work out, safety, and adjustment for us all. Thanks!

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

I wish i had more time to read! Your green letters book looks different than mine. Are there two? A updated one? I got mine from the church library! I love the book and want to continue with the other books after it too!

Tamara said...

If you are an Austen fan, check out Mansfield Park. Great read!

Stephanie said...

I just finished the first book in the Twilight series and hope to make headway in the second book later this week. Have you seen the movie?

You'll have to let us know how you like "The Shack." I've heard good things about that one...

Liz Ferguson said...

I have seen the Twilight movie. It was good...but not nearly as good as the book! You miss so much of the thought process that is in the book.

I am on the last book in the Twilight series. I just can't put it down! :) Never thought I'd be addicted to books about Vampires!

Babywearing