Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekly Wrap

It's Sunday evening and I have finished my homework and ready (or not) for school tomorrow morning.  The weeks since we got back here have been going so fast.  I just looked at the calender and realized  that we are fast approaching October! Graduation is right around the corner. I remember when we first got here last August a woman I met (who later became a good friend here) told me to enjoy every moment here because it goes by so fast.  I nodded my head and smiled but inwardly thought "good.  I really hope it goes by fast." Of course I didn't really want to be here at all. But now that we have two semesters under our belt and December is getting closer I have mixed emotions. I never thought I would say this, but I might actually be sad to leave this place.  With all the ups and downs that we have had (and I have hardly written about it) this place has actually become our home. Another thing about leaving here is that we will be officially "homeless".  It's not like with summer break when we went back home, stayed with a few different families and then came back to our Apartment here at the end of the summer.  We will no longer have a place to go back to.  That is such a weird feeling.  Such has become our lives! :)  It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

That was really random and not really the reason I sat down here. I don't have much time these days to write, so I thought I would try and do a weekly (weekend) wrap.  Just a short summery of our lives during the week.

Nothing too exciting to note.  We very immersed into what is happening here are school. Bill and I only have 1 class (4 hours of the same class) a day.  The last two semesters we have had 4 classes a day but now that we are getting to the end things are getting pretty intense.  We are doing CLA (culture, language, acquisition) Practicum.  The class is basically us acting out everything we have learned up to this point.  They have a mock village with people (staff) dressed as villagers (face's painted and wigs included).  We get to go in and see what it will be like (on a very small scale) to face things in a different country.  So far it is really interesting but a lot of hard work.  We are assigned a language helper to help us speak their language.  They speak broken English to us while they are trying to teach us.  It is a lot of work but I know it is going to be so worth it to have practiced many of the things we have learned.

Katy is getting so big.  I find that I am falling more in love with her everyday. We are starting to see more of a personality in her.  She is so full of smiles and coos. She really is such a blessing to our family. I find that I just want to be with her all the time.  So most days you will find her strapped (in my Baby K'tan) close to me.  I love having her in class with me and so far that is going really well. Knowing that she is our last makes it even sweeter to have her close.  We just want to enjoy every minute.

Bill and I have been working our way through the Lord of the Rings trilogy. In the evenings after the kids are in bed, and our homework is done we sit down to watch a little bit, while I feed Katy on last time before bed.  This is such a nice relaxing part of our day.

I am reading through the book of Acts. Every time I read this book I just enjoy it so much. It is always so inspiring, the faith that all those men and woman had at the start of the church.

I did TONS and TONS of laundry this weekend.  It felt good to get it all done, of course it won't stay done but it's always a good feeling to get that accomplished.  I washed all of Katy's 3-6 month clothes. She is almost outgrown her 0-3 month clothes.  Hard to believe, but she is 3 months old now so I suppose she is going to start needing bigger clothes.  I'm not sure I am ready to pack up all the little things yet...sigh!

We found out James has food allergies.  He can't have egg whites, wheat, cow's milk, or peanuts.  We have cut all of those foods out of his diet until we can pinpoint what is causing his skin to get so itchy and inflamed. This week I have been feeling out of ideas for food for him.  I feel like all he eats is rice.  I am looking for new recipes but sometimes it gets so hard.  We eat A LOT of rice, fresh spinach and carrots, and chicken.  At least we are eating somewhat healthy.


A funny thing Claire said tonight, "Katy has black hair."  I replied, "Yes she does. and what color is your hair Claire?"  She looked at me for a second and said, "Blue!"  I laughed and said, "No, Claire your hair is brown, silly."  Then Claire surprised me and started crying.  I guess she really did want blue hair! :) Maybe you had to be there to think this was funny.

So I think that's about all for this week (or what I can remember anyway).  Nothing too exciting to report...however sometimes not too exciting is good. :)

And that's a wrap...until next weekend!

No comments:

Babywearing