Thursday, March 20, 2008

4 weeks

Wow, it's hard to believe that I gave birth to Claire 4 weeks ago already! It seems only a moment ago. I know a month isn't that long, but seriously time is just flying by. Even though I have been through this baby faze 3 other times before it is so amazing to watch another baby grow and change. Every stage is still exciting. Watching a life blossom is the most precious thing.

Claire is a very sweet baby. She is a bit fussier then any of our other babies were. For awhile she screamed all the time. That was very frustrating. She seemed like she was in pain all the time. I decided to go completely off dairy this week to see if that would make a difference. So far this week has gone really good. Claire has cried much less, she hardly spits up, whereas before she would spit up all the time and often it would be A TON. I think we may have found the solution. Sigh! Giving up dairy is going to be hard...I love cheese and milk and butter. But, the bright side is I will likely loose those 25 pounds I have left to loose a lot quicker! Having a happy baby is totally worth giving up any kind of food!

I am so enjoying having a newborn. Even though there is a lack of sleep, I don't want her to grow up so fast. I want to savor every minute. Sometimes I stay up a tad later then I should, just because I am taken by her sweetness and how soft and cuddly she is. Speaking of, I hear my baby calling. I must go and tend to her...

3 comments:

Bethany said...

So sweet... I don't think one could grow tired of seeing those changes newborns all too rapidly make. I'm glad you've figured out the culprit of the spitting up. Maybe her digestive system will mature soon and you can have dairy again sooner than you think. :) I love reading your blog and seeing the great pictures you take!

Unknown said...

Oh Liz, she is beautiful!!! What a gorgeous family you all are!

Wendy said...

She is beautiful!

Babywearing