Saturday, November 29, 2008

A new hobby?

Oh goodness, aren't these the cutest things EVER?! Mary Jane booties!! Too cute if you ask me. I am so itching to learn how to make them. I have taught myself how to do the basics of knitting, but I need to learn how to read patterns. I'm sure this is NOT a good pattern to start with, But when do I ever do anything the easy way?! :D

The cold dark evenings are really bringing out the crafty bookworm side of me. I have been enjoying hot drinks snuggled under a fleece blanket with a book or some knitting. That is the one thing I am thankful about for the long winters here...life tends to slow down and we enjoy lots of comfy time at home. :)

What sort of things do you enjoy doing this time of year? Do have any "winter" hobbies?

Oh by the way, if you want to make these booties you can find the pattern here. I found the free pattern on shes crafty.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

so sweet! I hope you make them - I'd love to see the finish product!

Tamara said...

Those are great. You should do them. :)
I am just learning how to knit, so I am doing a little of that, and a lot of crocheting right now.
Baking is also something I love to do in the winter. :)

The Graham Family said...

Cute booties. Chloe would never keep them on. :) I have been snuggling in and reading Jane Eyre and cleaning and organizing.

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

Very cute! Sounds like fun. I want to learn to sew! :)

Babywearing