Saturday, September 5, 2009

Smile

*written about my last girls night out on August 5th 2009

late at night
all is quiet
we lay in bed
he leans over and whispers
"you looked beautiful tonight."
really?
"was it my outfit?"
"no"
"was it that I put on make up?"
"no...
it was your smile.
You looked happy tonight."
too many moments of late had been full of sadness
visions of what lay ahead
not many smiles to be found
but on this night
a night out
full of fun
full of life long memories
and lasting friendships
never to be forgotten

as we lay there in the dark
my smile widened
my heart brimmed
i saw it too
the beauty to be had
in a smile



3 comments:

The Jessie James Gang said...

Beautiful post, Elizabeth. A happy wife is a beautiful wife. I'm sure your husband is very proud of you.

casual friday every day said...

Oh how sweet and touching and lovely. I'm so glad you had fun!

Nell

Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous, poetic post.

You must be feeling "inspired" lately.

Every post that I am reading is powerful...

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Babywearing