Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crafting

For whatever reason I was feeling really ambitious this Christmas. I decided to hand make all the gifts for my kids teachers. I decided this about a week before they needed to be done. :) I had about 8 gifts to make.  I had a few ideas floating around my head by finally settled on Cozies for coffee cups.  (if you are interested here is the online tutorial that I used.)  I ran into a few snags (like my sewing machine quitting on me and me having to borrow a neighbor's machine to finish) but I was really excited about how they turned out.  I cut out like 10 extra of these because they were so fun to make (I still need to finish making them).
I bought them each a travel mug from Wal-mart and placed the cozy on top. Hopefully their teachers liked them.
I also made rice heating pads for Anna and Ryan's teachers but I didn't take pictures of them.  I didn't have a pattern for those so I just made one up.

Since I was able to pull all that off and I enjoyed it so much it really put me in a crafting mood.  I have been wanting to make some cute stuffed toys for Kaitlyn. Last night I sat down at the sewing machine and made this sweet little stuffed bunny. This picture is of the back. I still need to attach it's tail.
This is the front. It is super soft.  I used printed flannel on the back and double sided fleece on the front.  This bunny is missing a face.  I might just add that tonight. :)  If you are interested in making one of these I found a free pattern here.

Next up on my list is a camera strap cover. Can't wait to get started on that!

1 comment:

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

Wow Elizabeth, these are SO cute! I bought a mug like these and love it, but yours are way cuter with the little warmer on them! :) You do a very good job!

Babywearing