Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Socks and life

The new school year brought with it some cooler weather. I figured it was time that I get out all our socks. I have to say one thing I love about summertime is NO socks! I absolutely hate folding socks, thus the reason I had a whole basket to fold. When the temps got warm enough I pushed the basket of unfolded socks into the spare bedroom closet. Out of sight out of mind. Am I the only one who hates this chore so much? It just seems so tedious, and we are always missing socks. I can never do a load of laundry without  somehow loosing some.  I think I could fill a whole other basket with all matchless socks we have floating around the house.

Socks weren't really my reason for writing. Although it does make a good analogy.  It  sums up life and how it has felt the last few weeks, a pile of crazy, and a little disorganized. I have a thousand thoughts swirling around right now and just no time to write them.  The answer we were waiting for so long finally came and with it brought a crazy amount of busy.

We are leaving in a few days for an amazing adventure. We have been preparing for this trip for the last few months.  I can't believe it is finally here! Through all my doubts and fears we have seen God's hand at work which is so amazing...He is amazing! I am excited and scared, anxious and at times at peace.  So many emotions happening at once within me.  I am praying, always praying.  I want to learn what God wants me to.  I want to be obedient. I want my eyes to be open to see and my heart to be soft.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are doing what He wants us to right now.  We got some news today that had we had before we would not have gone on this trip.  I do believe that God doesn't tell us everything right away because often we would run away afraid (or at least I would) and not lean on Him. I would rob myself of His joy. I am so thankful that He loves me so much to tell me what I need to know when I need to know it.

I don't anticipate life slowing down when we return, but I am hoping that I can make time to share.   There are always lessons to learn in what God asks us to do and I don't want to forget any of this crazy ride He has us on.

Until then... 

1 comment:

Hannah Elise said...

I totally agree on the socks! It drives me crazy with how many different socks that we own... :) yay for summer when little people can run around barefoot. :)

Babywearing