Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Our Trip and job updates

Now for the details...

It was a long trip which started out at 3 a.m. Saturday morning! Bill and I got to bed late because we were trying to get stuff done around the house before we left. So we were both going on about 3 hours sleep...definitely not enough! :)

At about 2 hours into the trip we had a small argument. I was like, "great, maybe this was a bad idea for me to come. I was looking forward to time alone and all we are doing is fighting and stressing." But, the disagreement was quickly ended and all was good. We enjoyed the rest of our drive together.

It took about 10 1/2 hours to get to Memphis. We checked into the hotel, slept for and hour, and then Bill got ready for his interview. Bil left the hotel and I sat down to blog, pray and read my Bible. He was gone for 3 hours!! The interview went really well. The guy showed him around the office and told him more about the company and what Bill's job would be, if they gave it to him. They told him that they were going to give him an offer letter on Monday. Bill came away from the meeting encouraged, and had a good feeling about it.

Bill and I had a gift certificate that some friends had given us like 2 years ago. It just so happened that that restaurant was 2 miles from our hotel, so we went out for dinner Sat. night. We enjoyed a nice meal together. We ate way to much and could barely walk when we left...just thinking about it now makes me hungry! :)
Bill and I only got out to eat maybe once or twice a year...so this was a special treat...a blessing from God.

Of course the hotel had cable, so Bill was excited to get to watch "Myth Busters".

I had the best night sleep ever. THAT was a blessing. No kids to wake me up at 3 am...nothing. Just a comfy king size, pillow top bed...it was like Heaven on earth! I could have slept all day, and honestly I think we would have if we hadn't had to get up and go back home Sunday morning.

All in all it was a great trip. Bill and I got to spend much needed quality couple time. And if nothing else, that is what this trip was for. I really felt refreshed coming home (sounds funny to say after spending 10 hours in a car...but it's true.)

Ok, so Monday morning Bill got the offer letter from the Job there. We were both disappointed at the salary. We had discussed how much we thought we would need to "make it"...and the amount they offered was under that. We aren't looking for wealth we just want to be able to live. So, Bill wrote back and asked if there was room for negotiation. They wrote back and asked what he had in mind. Bill wrote back again and told them. The guy responded that the amount he was asking for was too high...so...as of this point we aren't sure what to do. Do we risk it? Uproot our family for job with crappy benefits and low pay? I don't know. We are praying for Wisdom. They need to know in a few days what our decision is.(Edited to add: Bill just came in and told me that he wrote the guy again and turned it down...so I guess TN is off the table.)

On another note...Bill had his 2nd interview this morning with Franklin Energies in Port. He felt like the interview went well. I thought he looked awfully handsome going there! :) He definitely impressed me!! He told me some of the answers he gave to their questions about himself and why he thought he would be good for their company. I thought his answers were good, but I am biased and my opinion won't get him the job. They told him they will let him know next week. So, back to waiting.

Thank you friends for all your prayers. They had been needed and definitely felt. God has given me so much peace to wait on Him. God is in control and we give praise that He is.

I will let you all know once we know any more!

1 comment:

Charlyn said...

Yay! You're staying! Whew.

God will provide a job for him, I know He will! Be ready!

Babywearing