Sunday, August 10, 2008

A blessed wife

I just wanted to share something sweet that Bill did for me. Thursday evening, he came in the door as I was preparing dinner, and handed me a small box. I looked at him a little puzzled, "What is this?" I looked at him a little puzzled. He replied, "Open it." Inside the box was a 14 karat white gold necklace. I think I gasped. :)

"What is this for?" I said.

"It's just a small gift to show you how much I appreciate you. I know I don't say it often enough."

"It's beautiful. You didn't have to do that."

"I know but I wanted too...you deserve it. You do so much for us. You hold this whole family together."

I was so touched. Not because he gave me a gift (although I do love the necklace), but because he has a way of making me feel special. I love the thought and effort he took to pick something out for me (he picked something that was fitting to who I am and what I like, "simple and yet it sparkles in the light", that's what he said)...and the words he spoke...They were sweeter then honey.

Thank you for always loving me. For being the man that I can count on. For being there for me when I need someone to talk to or shoulder to cry on. Thank you for being my best friend. I consider it a privilege to be your wife and to serve you and our little ones. I find myself falling in love with you more with each passing day.

I am very blessed!

9 comments:

The Bailie Clan said...

cute! :)

Allie said...

Awww, you made me tear up. I'm glad you two have such a strong marriage.

Bethany said...

Wow! What a beautiful necklace and such a thoughtful husband! That was just so sweet of him to think of you and tell you how he felt!

Janelle and Ella said...

Awww. This post brought tears to my eyes. That is so wonderful that your husband did that. So sweet.

Nicole said...

Very sweet!!! You are so blessed!

Debbie said...

How wonderful, & just after you had been down & got it all turned over to the Lord. God is good, & it sounds like He has provided a very caring husband for you.

The Jessie James Gang said...

What a sweet husband. I am always so happy to hear stories from other women that are blessed in their marriages, because I feel so blessed in mine and I want everyone to experience that joy!

Our Family said...

That was sooo sweet and thoughtful :)

Glad you put it on your blog, even though you wore it to church Sunday too ;)

Anonymous said...

that is so so nice of him! but he is right about you holding that family together, you are awesome! now if my own husband could see how sweet my brother can be to his wife....haha

Tara

Babywearing