Monday, August 25, 2008

Chinese family night

Since we spent the last 2 weeks engrossed in the Olympics I thought it would be fun to have a family night centered around China. (thanks to Wendy for the idea).

This is my attempt at making a Chinese meal (Here is the recipe for sweet and sour chicken that I used) from scratch. I tried to find chop sticks but wasn't able to. The meal was a huge hit. After the meal we read from this book. There was a page on China. It is a great book by the way. I would highly recommend it. We are using it in school this year. I love that along with facts about each country it gives ideas for things to pray about for the people there.



Homemade fortune cookies for dessert. Okay, so they don't look like the ones you would buy, but they tasted like it.

We ended the night by watching more Olympics of course.

5 comments:

The Bailie Clan said...

very cool! great job mommy!

chop sticks can be found at the grocery store or the dollar mart! :) just an fyi. :) or heck..order one item from the restaurant and ask for a bunch of sticks! LOL!

Wendy said...

great job! that food looks delicious!

i found the chopsticks at our grocery store deli.

Stonefox said...

Looks like you did a great job! Thanks for the link for that book. I've never heard of it, but it looks great!

The Jessie James Gang said...

What a great idea!

The Graham Family said...

That is so fun and such a great idea. I have some chopsticks if you ever need to borrow them. :)

Babywearing