Friday, March 12, 2010

The baby door

Tonight as Bill and I were putting the boys to bed we had a little conversation about the baby. I asked the boys what they thought we should name their sister. Of course they came up with tons of crazy names (I'll share some of them in a later post). As we were talking I told the boys that they could talk to their sister because she could hear them. Both Ryan and James put their mouths to my stomach. They said a few silly things and then James said, "come out baby." I explained that the baby can't come out yet because she still needs to grow a bit bigger, but she will come out sometime early summer. James then looks at me and says, "She'll come out the door." I asked him where the door was. He pointed to my belly button and said, "There. There is the baby door."

So there you have it. The secret is out. Just in case you were ever wondering what or where the baby door was. :)

3 comments:

Melissa G said...

James is awesome!

Nikolai Family said...

Haha... I've never heard it called the baby door before. Although, my brother definitely thought for the longest time that babies came out the mommy's belly button. I love the innocence of children. :-)

Tara said...

that is too funny what kids are thinking! too cute! Evan thinks that God can put another baby inside me by me swallowing it...haha what imaginations ;)

Babywearing