Saturday, March 13, 2010

Goodbye coffee?

Two weeks ago I came down with this nasty stomach bug. Bill had to stay home from school that morning because I was so sick and could barley take care of myself let alone the kids. The nastyness (I'll spare the details) lasted about 12 hours. I have never been sick like that while pregnant and let me tell you, it's something I never want to experience again! The baby was doing constant somersaults inside me while I was felling sicker then a do, and that did NOT help. Ugh! Anyway, it took about a week before my stomach was actually feeling normal again. During that time I had to give up drinking coffee. My stomach was just too weak to handle it. I was surprised that my body did well going of it (Although it's not as though I drink that much anymore). I didn't get any headaches of caffeine withdraw.

Once I was feeling well again I decided to make myself a nice hot mug! Ahhh, it smelled so good! However within an hour I had a horrible headache. And the headache lasted most of the day. I attributed the headache to something other then coffee...it had to be. But then when the same thing happened after I drank a cup the very next day, I was forced to admit the truth. My coffee drinking days have come to an end. :( My long time love affair was over. Sigh!

I have the feeling though, once this baby is born I can return to having my one cup a day! I'm sure it's better this way. I just wasn't prepared to say goodbye. :)

No comments:

Babywearing