Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Homemade waffles

After making this recipe we no longer buy frozen ones. They are that good! I guarantee that you will feel the same.

Homemade waffles
2 c. milk
1/2 c. (melted) butter
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla
4 t. baking powder
2 1/2 c. flour
2 T. sugar

Mix all wet ingredients together then add the dry. Do not over mix.
************************
One of my favorite toppings for waffles is fried apples. My mom used to make these for us. Brings back good memories.

It's not an exact recipe. You just slice like 3 apples really thin (I use one of those apple, corer, slicer things). Melt some butter in a frying pan. Add the apples to the pan along with some honey and cinnamon. Fry until they are soft.

Makes for a yummy breakfast...or supper if you live at our house! :)

2 comments:

Nikolai Family said...

Yum! Homemade waffles are WAY better than the frozen ones. We don't make them that often and I must confess I use the recipe that comes with our pancake mix so they're probably not as good as yours. :-)

The Bailie Clan said...

I don't have a waffle maker..just another thing to store, but I will be going out and buying my Kashi waffles today, after seeing this! YUM! And Ashlee saw your pix and commented, "Mommy, you gonna make that for my birthday!!!" (everything is about her birthday IN AUGUST) but her comment wasn't a question a firm statement. :)

Babywearing