Thursday, May 27, 2010

For the love of reading



Every summer I like to put together a reading list for myself. Sometimes I get through all the books and sometimes I don't. I am okay with that. I just like to have goals. I like to read books for fun and also ones that are going to challenge me. This is the list I have put together for this summer so far (I have already finished the first one on the list and let me say it is a beautiful must read!). I am open for more suggestions. I would love to hear what books you have enjoyed reading, or what books you plan on reading this summer.

You can click on any of the pictures to get more information on that book.

I will Carry You: The sacred dance of grief and joy, by Angie Smith








I Dared to Call Him Father: The miraculous story of a Muslim woman's encounter with God, by Richard Schnieder







A Lineage of Grace, by Francine Rivers
A compilation of 5 books where we meet the 5 woman (Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, Bathsheba, and Mary) that God chose to play a part in the lineage of Christ






The Giver, by Lois Lowry



Other books that I started awhile back and have not finished yet:

The Hiding Place, by Corrie ten Boom

Hinds Feet on High Places, by Hannah Hurnard

No comments:

Babywearing