Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First day of school

1st day of school pose.
Today was our first official day of school for the year. We are doing 1st grade with Anna and preschool with Ryan. Today was a bit of a challenge trying to get our school done while keeping busy James out of trouble. I had to pull him off of the top of the kitchen table maybe 6 times...just stuff like that. :) I think the more time that goes by the easier it will get. I also need to work on getting Ryan to stay interested. He did pretty good but got bored after a little bit. So, lots of stuff for me to think about! :)


On Thursday we are taking a "field trip" to the Dr.'s office. I have my 16 week cheek up. I am going to talk to the Dr. and see if he can can get me in for an ultrasound that day. That would be so much fun. We have been talking about the baby with the kids. Anna can't wait to see the ultrasound. If we can't have the ultrasound done on Thursday then we will have it done next month.


I don't think I ever shared how the kiddos responded when we told them we were going to have another baby. We told them a few weeks ago at bedtime. Anna was very excited, of course. She said she couldn't believe it because she had been praying for another baby (a sister in particular). Ryan wasn't so excited at first. He kept saying that he didn't want a little baby. So Bill and I started mentioning babies that the kids know and asking them if they wanted a baby like that. We mentioned Hadley, and Lily, and James (we had to throw a boy in there). Ryan kept shaking his head no. Anyway, it was time to pray and Anna prayed, "Thank you God for providing us a little baby in Mommy's tummy." When it was Ryan's turn we weren't sure what he would say. He prayed, "Thank you God for the little baby and I wanted that it could be like Lily." (Ryan Loves baby Lily).


Now they are all excited and can't wait to go on the "field trip"

By the way, click here to see pictures from our first day of school last year. What a difference a year makes.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I really hope that Dr. W can get you in for an ultrasound!

Our Family said...

They look so excited to school...hope you have a Great Year and James stays out of trouble ;)

*Guess Ella may not marry Ryan now, huh? lol It'll definitely be fun seeing what the Lord has in store for our kids in the future :)

Janelle and Ella said...

This is so sweet. It gave me chill bumps at how sweetly they responded.

Babywearing