Friday, September 14, 2007

Looking like a big boy

My friend Lucy came over this morning to visit. It was a much needed visit on my part. We have both been so busy this summer and haven't had much time to get together and pray like we normally do. I felt so refreshed and encouraged when she left. I am so thankful for her friendship. She blesses me more then she will ever know. Thank you God for blessing me with Lucy's friendship, she is a rare and beautiful treasure!

While she was here she helped me give James his first haircut. Actually, she cut and I held and tried to comfort a screaming James. I can't believe I made the decision to do it but...we cut all the curls off. Oh my word! He looks so big now. I don't know if my heart can take it! :) He looks cute, but I was very tempted to cry...I restrained myself. His hair is still wavy so I am hoping that maybe the curls will come back again. I am so glad that Lucy helped me. I could have never done it by myself.

I had to take tons of pictures of his new look!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

What a big boy! And my, he looks like Bill! Lucy did a nice job... especially for such a wiggly boy. :)

The Bailie Clan said...

oh man! no curls!!!!! :(

my lil brother had curly hair... my mom just left it long..not long..but it was curly all over..on top.. big curls though..not like an afro...
so maybe you could do that with his hair.... it sure is adorable!!!! :)

he looks good both ways though..for sure older now though! what a big boy! :)

Our Family said...

WOW...he does look soooo big! Great job Lucy :)

You for sure have to save the curls though!!!

Loving Life said...

WOW! Liz he does look like a big boy now! I remember giving both my boys their first haircut and feeling the same way. Today I was looking at E's hair and thinking WOW...I won't have to experience those emotions like I did with the boys ..lol. I'm such a sentimental mom...Did you save the curls for his baby book?

Charlyn said...

Did you save a lock or two? I did that with my kids. I love baby curls!! He sure looks different - but handsome! :)

Liz Ferguson said...

Yes, I did save a few curls! I had too...needed something to remind me.

I am wishing however that I had done a before and after picture. I don't think I have ANY pictures of the back of his curly head. Oh well. :(

Babywearing