Friday, January 18, 2008

Camping in 9 degree weather


Well, sort of! It has been so cold here lately. The kind of cold that makes you not want to leave the house until...until maybe spring...or at least until it warms up A LOT! This morning I got up and weather watcher said 9 degrees, feels like -5 degrees. It is supposed to feel like -20 degrees tomorrow. I have no plans of going out in that!!! Crazy cold!

Anyway, the kids have been getting restless cooped up in the house lately. So, today I dug the play tent out of the closet and set it up in the boys room. They had a blast! I think I should have done this sooner. We will keep it up for a few days while the fun lasts.

We had a good day today. We have had quite a few bad ones this week. We have had sickness and bad attitudes, and a tired mommy most of this week. Today was enjoyable. I enjoyed playing with my little ones.

Thank you God for play tents, and sweet kiddos to play with! Thank you for such a great day! It was a welcome relief. My heart feels full! I am so blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember cold days like that in NY! It is funny because it is in the 20-30's here in Texas and I'm freezing how did I ever make it up north;) Glad you had a good day:) Not to much longer until the baby gets here!!

The Bailie Clan said...

wow! is that james?! he looks so diff in that picture!

looks like fun though! :)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh yes, what wonderful memories you're making for your children. To have a mommy that plays with them is a treasure. =)

Janelle and Ella said...

Wow! 9 degrees! It's been 30 degrees here and I've been miserable. :-)
Yes, thank God for tents. And you have mighty cute one.

Babywearing