Saturday, January 12, 2008

Even the Darkness...

"Even the Darkness Is Light to Him"

Even the darkness is light to Him

And night is as bright as the day,

So you are safe though the light grows dim

For even the darkness is light to Him



The Father above does not slumber or sleep

He wakefully watches our ways.

Then there's no reason for you to weep

For the Father above does not slumber or sleep.



So dry your eyes of angel blue

And trust the one who died for you.

Would not Jesus safely keep

The little ones He loves asleep?

by Michael Card taken from Psalm. 139


This is one of my favorite lullabies. I think it is a good reminder that we can entrust our children to Him at all times. I remember those first days with a newborn are always hard to leave them "alone" especially at night. You want to be there to hear every sound and make sure that they are still breathing. It is comforting that we have a Heavenly Father who loves them even more then we do and that "...he who watches over you will not slumber." (Psalm 121:3) So I can close my eyes knowing that God who is light watches over my family even in the darkest of nights.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I love how that is written. I've never heard it before. Is it on CD? When Lily was only a few weeks old, I realized what it meant that God doesn't sleep or slumber. Isn't that so reassuring? restful? peaceful? like, ahhhh - I can just let God watch over her.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

What a wonderful reminder for all mothers! Its so easy to get caught up in the what-ifs. I can't let my mind go there because I KNOW that God is in control! Thanks Liz!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth, this if Faith Olver (married Pete Olver from NTBI)I came across your blog a while ago and enjoy reading it. We serve with NTM in Guinea, West Africa. I also have a blog, www.petefaith.blogspot.com. Very simple but some pictures of our lives. Enjoy what you post. Faith

Babywearing