Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nesting?

I have been in a total nesting craze lately, I think. Oddly enough our house is such a mess right now with all the projects I have going on. But it is on it's way to being clean. I have become obsessed with cleaning. I think I have this fear that the baby is going to come and my house will be messy, and I will have to come home to a messed up house, and that just doesn't appeal to me right now. I cleaned out the basement and got rid of tons of stuff that we are no longer using. Yesterday I pulled the refrigerator out and cleaned out behind it. I decided over the weekend to paint the Nursery (formally known as the office) a light green color. I was hoping to be done already, but I have only had about an hour a day to work on it. This weekend it will be done!! :) I want to get the crib set up and the new bedding on. I bought letters for the baby's name (Yes we finally picked a name...and yes it's a secret!) to paint and hang on the wall. I feel good. Things are starting to come together. I washed all the tiny clothes for our sweet girl. Painting and decorating her room has been so fun and really relaxing. We are starting to get excited around here for baby girl's arrival....only 35 days to go...or less!

This is close to the color of the wall. The new bedding set for the crib.Me painting! My sweet hubby took these pictures. Notice he had to zoom in on my exposed belly! :) I think it's about time to have the baby...clothes are getting too small! :)

7 comments:

Charlyn said...

Her room looks like it will be adorable! Can't wait to meet her!

Loving Life said...

What a sweet baby bump! I've been checking your blog often, wondering when this sweet girlie will make her debue (sp?)....i'm so excited!!the room's going to look beautiful...and girl- PLEASE tell me YOU weren' the one to 'pull your fridge out' to clean behind?!! You're definitely in the nesting/ spring phase for sure!!! SOOOO EXCITED and praying for you!!!

Bethany said...

I'm so excited for you. But to be honest... I'm TOTALLY JEALOUS!!! When I was pregnant, I waited and waited and waited for my nesting phase since our house was so messy. I had no desire to clean it up. I didn't even feel like packing for the hospital! I think the day before I went into labor, I cleaned and felt motivated... Hee hee!
Anyway, all that to say, I am so glad that you have the energy and motivation to get so much done! It'll be so nice to bring the baby home and know things are the way you want them. I think the nesting phase is a gift from God - isn't it amazing that He made us women like that? Wow!
And only a few more weeks! So crazy! It's gone so fast. You always look so great pregnant, but I'm so anxious to meet your baby girl! Her nursery will look beautiful and I can't wait to see it!

The Bailie Clan said...

lol! well i hope this doesn't mean yer baby's gonna pop out tonight! cuz when the nesting phase hit me...i went into labor just about 4 hours after that! hahahahaha!

i can't wait to find out the name! just best not be EMILY! :P :)

ttyl, girl! take it easy! i say - get yer man to paint..YOU TAKE THE PIX and sit! :P :)

Nicole said...

Ooh, can't wait to find out the name! I think I'm gonna head over to your pg. blog and see if you've decided to set up a guessing contest(like you mentioned)hint, hint. lol!Glad you've gotten lots of energy/motivation to get lots of projects done!

Janelle and Ella said...

You look so cute!!!! I love the paint color and the bedding. It's precious!

Unknown said...

You look sooooooo cute! you make me want to have that belly again!

I can't wait to hear about the baby!

Love to you my friend! you look BEAUTIFUL!

Babywearing