Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dreaming of you

My dear Sweet Pea,

The house is quiet, your brothers and sister are sleeping soundly in their beds. Daddy is in the other room working on a project in his office. It's just you and me. I am enjoying feeling your ever growing hands and feet pressing against me from the inside. I know that your time dwelling in my womb is coming to an end. Soon you will be here in my arms. Each day we draw closer to meeting you, my heart grows more excited. I love being your shelter, the place where God is fashioning your small body, but I am beginning to become anxious to see your sweet face.

I want to soak up this moment right now...just you and me....the bond between baby and mommy is one that cannot be expressed. I have not met you but I am so full of love for you, my sweet daughter.

I close my eyes at night and dream of you, knowing that shortly you will bring so much joy to our family. Carrying you inside of me has been such a privilege and blessing. You may be my baby number four, but the delight of having another child is just as special as when it was number one, two or three. You are a miracle...God's gracious gift to us. The timing of your arrival is perfect. God chose you for our family and we are so humbled and thankful.

I wonder at what you will look like. Will you have those dark brown eyes like your siblings, or will you have your Daddy's hazel ones? Will you be small like your sister or big like your brothers? Will you have the dark olive tones like the rest of the family, or have my fair completion? I know you are beautiful. You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Your room is ready, our bags are packed, and now we wait for you to make your appearance. We have your name picked out. We have been praying about that for so long. We cannot wait to behold you and give you your first gift...your name. You are a gift to us, and we will give you a name that will honor The Giver.

All your days have been recorded before they came to be. Isn't that amazing? Like with your brothers and sister, I am excited to see all that God has in store for you. My greatest desire for all of you is that you come to know and love Your Saviour. I pray that He will use you to impact eternity.

Tonight I sit here, just you and me, waiting, and praying...resting in the moment... looking ahead to the future...full of joy and wonder.

Good night beautiful daughter; we shall see you soon...

6 comments:

Bethany said...

How beautiful. Thank you for that glimpse of the intimate moment between you and your unborn daughter. It was special to read.

Janelle and Ella said...

That is beautiful! You have such a good way with words. Such a sweet letter to your soon to be born baby!

Our Family said...

Awww...I'm not even pregnant and emotional, but I'm sitting here crying. How sweet and amazing our little miracle's from God are, I'm too getting sooo excited to meet her, I"m sure she's gonna be more precious than you can ever imagine ;)

Mikaela said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in such a beautiful and sweet way! God's given you a gift both in writing and in your little one He's still knitting together in your womb! We're excited for y'all!

Charlyn said...

*sniffle sniffle* that was so sweet!

The Graham Family said...

I miss having a baby in my tummy:)

Babywearing