Saturday, April 7, 2007

A 4 year olds prayer


When Bill and I put the kids to bed at night we always have prayer time as a family. We each take a turn praying for different things. Lately the kids have been in this rut of just praying the same thing every night. We have been trying to encourage the kids to think of different things to pray about. I guess so prayer doesn't become just some ritual where we repeat the same things over and over. We want them to understand that praying is actually talking to God. Ryan usually just parrots what ever Anna says. So, last night Anna prayed and then it was Ryan's turn. He surprised us by thinking of something on his own. He prayed, "Thank you God for raising from the dead, Aman!"

Sweet words to hear from my 4 year old. It warms my Mommy heart. My prayer is that my children will understand about the cross and place their faith in Christ's finished work at a young age. It encourages my soul when they say things like this; or to see Anna's excitement to explain to Ryan the reason we celebrate Easter.

I am so thankful for my precious little ones; and thankful for glimpses into their tender hearts.

1 comment:

Charlyn said...

So precious. I remember when J was 3. He wanted to know where Jesus lives. I told Him he lives in heaven. He said "I want to see Him". I said we will all see him in heaven some day, if he lives in our Hearts. He said "He lives in my heart!"

I love how God works on the hearts of children.

I wish we would've started family prayer time at night with the kids when they were little.

Babywearing