Monday, October 29, 2007

craziness and coffee

I would be lying if I didn't say that most mornings are crazy here. This morning was no exception. I woke up to Anna yelling, Ryan screaming, then Anna knocking on my bedroom door (yes, I went back to bed this morning after Bill left. I've been so tired lately). She said she needed me to see what Ryan was doing. What was Ryan doing? Well, it seems Ryan decided to sneak down and get into the trick or treat candy. He had candy on Anna's bed and had already eaten a whole sucker.

After Ryan and I had a little chat about what happened, I told the kids to go back to their rooms and get dressed. I wanted to get in the shower real quick. I could hear them fighting the whole time I was in there. I got out, got everyone calmed down and started feeding them breakfast. Anna had made my coffee and breakfast (what a sweetie) so I poured myself a cup and sat down with them. I needed to get online before we started school to Chat with Bill a second, so did that on the laptop while I sipped my coffee. After about four sips, I noticed something in my coffee. I thought maybe it was a lump of creamer I had missed. So, I grabbed a spoon. To my horror I pulled out a CENTIPEDE!!!! Oh my word, I thought I was going to throw up. How in the world did I not notice a HUGE CENTIPEDE? My brain has turned to fluff...I never thought there would come a day that I would not notice a CENTIPEDE! Actually, I never thought there would come a day that I would have a CENTIPEDE in my coffee mug. If you know me, you know how much I hate those things! My feelings toward them come very close to fear. I'm not kidding. I used to pray that I would not find one, because I can't stand them...they give me the creeps. I know, it's pretty ridiculous. But seriously, what purpose do those things serve?

I left out a lot of details of this morning but, after the Centipede, I couldn't think of much else. I LOVE coffee...I am hoping that hasn't been ruined for me. :) I guess I will look in the mug next time before I pour. Well, at least I can say I am thankful that I noticed something was floating before the whole cup was gone.

So, this is pretty random. I have a few things I have written (and not finished) because my brain does not function as well these days. I feel like most days I'm just trying to make it through the morning. :) Hopefully tomorrow I can make it through the morning with a whole, good, Centipede free, cup of coffee! :)

7 comments:

Charlyn said...

I think that is so special that she made you breakfast. AND coffee! Wow.

I couldn't get up today either. I hate it when I'm sleeping so good, and I have to get up. It's just not right! :)

Janelle and Ella said...

Hang in there. I can't imagine. It's hard enough getting one child ready.

I feel the same you about spiders that you do about centipedes. It's real fear that takes over my body when I see them.

Anonymous said...

Ewwww! You poor thing I would have hurled!

What a sweety your daughter is!

Anonymous said...

oh, and I forgot to mention that today while I was hanging a blanket on the rocking chair in Joshuas room a lizard came running out at me! I almost died!
I know this doesn't compare to your centipede but I had to share;)

Bethany said...

Two things - maybe three:
I think that centepedes are quite beastly. It gives me the creeps when you kill them and their legs explode off their bodies and keep twitching for a little bit. NAST!
Also, I prayed about my fear of spiders for quite sometime and God has really helped me. They would quite literally bring me to a panic. I don't think any prayer is too small.
Ok, third... I have all the sympathy in the world for pregnancy-induced "dumbness". Not that I'm calling you dumb AT ALL... just that I understand. I'd like to site my using the men's room facility while pregnant and wondering why on earth there would be a urinal in a womens room. I rest my case.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ok, that about freaked me out! I can't imagine finding that in my coffee!

Here's to hoping that coffee, in general, wasn't spoiled for you. =) Hope the mornings are going better.

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

Oh my goodness Elizabeth.
That story beats any yucky centepede story I've ever heard. I absoultely hate them! There fast with a million legs! EWWWW! I think I'd freak out if one was in my coffee! I have goose bumps just thinking about it. All morning after I read that, i was creaped out! I think Ill check all my mugs before my coffee goes in it as well!

Babywearing