Thursday, October 25, 2007

Savoring Each Moment

To experience happiness we must train ourselves to live in this moment, to savor it for what it is, not running ahead in anticipation of some future date nor lagging behind in the paralysis of the past. With wholeness and sensitivity we must live in the here and now...Those special savored moments of fun, reflection, happiness, and pleasure give us a tiny taste of what eternity with Christ will one day be like. --Luci Swindoll (You bring the Confetti )

I have been praying that the Lord would fill me with Joy, and that I would really treasure this time I have with my little ones. I have struggled much over the summer with my role (I have a post on that soon to come), so this has been my prayer lately.

I really felt impressed the other day that I need to be spending more quality time with my kids. So, I whispered to Anna as she was finishing her math, "How about we play dress up when you are done." Oh the joy to see her face light up. I spent 2 hours truly enjoying my children. I pray that I will never take for granted the privilege it is to be at home...and to savor each and every moment!

Spiderman and the the Queen

The princess and SpiderMan, having tea

James enjoying a cup of tea

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hahaha - the picture at the end is so funny!

I love that you made the choice to slow the speed of life down a bit and enjoy the precious playtime with your children. That's the kind of Mom I want to be... one who recognizes an opportunity to play with my daughter

Wendy said...

I've been thinking about the same exact thing, especially as 2 of my kids just celebrated another birthday. That always seems to put it into perspective for me. I heard a quote the other day, "it is just a snap of the finger from diapers to tuxedos and wedding dresses."

Beautiful pictures!

Babywearing