Monday, October 1, 2007

A little bit of life


I am so excited! on Wednesday my new washing machine should be arriving. The past 2 weeks have been crazy. My car and my washer died both on the same day. Then the following day Bill's car died. Yeah, that's a lot of big stuff to go at once, but what are you going to do? :)

Bill's car was fixed after 3 days, but in the meantime we had help from family and friends. It is such a weird feeling to be stuck at home with absolutely no way to get anywhere. God has always, always been so good to us. He has always provided just what we need when we need it. It is so humbling to see how God has worked in our lives. I can't tell you the number of times Bill and I have received unexpected money just when we weren't sure what we were going to do. I feel so unworthy of how blessed we are.

Bill's mom has been such a blessing to me especially lately. She has been doing our laundry for the past two weeks. And let me say, our family generates a lot of laundry! She has insisted on folding everything too, so all I have had to do is put it away. She has no idea how much of a help she has been to me. Laundry is often a struggle, so to have someone helping me with it has been awesome. I didn't ask for the help, but what a blessing!

Hopefully within the next week I will have my car fixed. It really hasn't been that bad going without it. I don't do much running during the day when I do have a working car. (Although I wouldn't mind having it back so that I can go to moms group again. I desperately need the fellowship with other woman.) I keep so busy at home without the running. I haven't had the chance to get on here and write, just from lack of time. Well, and also from being tired maybe. And I feel like I have pregnancy brain. I want to write....really write, but my brain has not been working right. Hopefully soon?! :)

So this is pretty random, but it's life around here these days. It's never boring...although this post may be. :)

2 comments:

Joshua said...

I understand your frustration. It's not that you want/need to go anywhere, it's just that you'd like to have the option. Hope it gets fixed soon.
By the way, you have an AWESOME mother-in-law!

Our Family said...

The Lord really does have a way of showing us He is still there sometimes....even when we least expect it...God is sooo GOOD!!!

I'm so excited for you guys...getting a new washer (is that it in the pic?) learning who the newest member of the family may be and just seeing how the Lord is providing for you guys and your AMAZING strength and faithfulness ;)

Good luck tomorrow...can't wait!!!

Babywearing