Saturday, March 22, 2008

5 years already

Another year has come and gone. My firstborn son is 5 today. I remember his birth so clearly. He was the baby that didn't want to come. After being 7 days late...and then an induction that took 3 days...Ryan Joseph finally made his appearance into the world. He was my biggest baby weighing 9lbs. 8oz. 22 inches. He gave us a few scares during my pregnancy and in the delivery room. Ryan's heart rate kept dropping and then once he was born he was real sluggish. Praise God it all turned out ok, and after a few minutes (and it felt like an eternity) we heard him cry for the first time. Ryan is such a sweet boy. He has had a laid back personality from day one. He has always done things at his own pace...never in a rush at life. He was a very clam and quiet baby. Ryan is kind and compassionate little man now. He is very affectionate and always giving me hugs and kisses and telling me how much he loves me throughout the day. Ryan will often tell me that he thinks I am beautiful...what mommy doesn't love to hear that! He has always been my snuggle bug. His big brown eyes and long lashes melt my heart., and his smile lights up the room. God has given him a sensitive spirit. I know in my heart that he will make a wonderful husband someday, Lord willing. I am so thankful that the Lord chose me to be Ryan's mommy, I am very blessed to have that privilege.
Oh Lord I thank you for Ryan. He is such a blessing to our family. His sweet ways and his tender heart are a gift from you. I pray that you will use his life in a mighty way. I pray that He will come to know you and understand the sacrifice that Christ made for him, and place his faith in Jesus at a young age. Grow him up to be a godly man. I pray that his tenderness will remain towards those around him, and that he would have a tender heart towards you. I pray that he would want to hide your Word in his heart that he might not sin against you. I pray that he would desire to serve you, and that you would make him a strong leader. God, I praise you for his precious life. Ryan brings my heart so much joy...I am so in love with my little man. God you are good. You have blessed our family beyond measure. In Jesus Precious name, amen.

No comments:

Babywearing