Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Seriously?

After my last post on my sleep deprivation antics, I am beginning to think that lack of sleep is really an issue with me! :) I have yet another thing to blog.

I have been sick the last few days with a nasty cold that included chills, body aches, runny stuffy nose, etc. I still feel pretty crummy tonight but I have things that need to be accomplished. I have to say being sick as a mommy is one of the hardest things. It's hard to get the extra rest you need. Anyway, I set everything up to make granola bars for tomorrow. We are out and I usually pack them in Bill's lunch. I discovered when I went into the pantry that we are out of oats. Ugh! I certainly didn't feel like running to the store at 9:30 for oats, but since we did run out of tissues (I would just go without tissues except that a few of us have runny noses. We could just use toilet paper but we are running low of that too, and I would rather not run out of that and have to drag 4 kiddos to the store tomorrow while I'm not feeling well), I figured I might as well go.

I managed to get in and out of Wal-mart in record time. I actually remembered everything I needed, which is amazing because I didn't have a list (maybe it helped that I kept repeating the things I needed over and over in my mind until I got to Wal-mart), and half the time I forget something even when I do have a list. However, Wal-mart didn't have the kind of oats I needed, so I had to run to Pick-N-Save. I was in a hurry because I just wanted to get home. I parked the car locked the door like I always do, and headed in to my next destination. I was almost to the door when I heard someone yelling, "Mam, Mam," I turned around and see a man calling to me. He then says, "You left your car door open." I look across the parking lot and sure enough he was right. "Thank you." I called back. (At least I think I said that. I don't now maybe I didn't. I was thinking it. But I was feeling pretty dumb, and I'm not sure if any words really came out or not.) I went back to my car and shut the door.

Ok, so ran in picked up what I needed and headed back to my car. When I got to the car I see that the interior light is still on. How in the world? Yeah, I shut the door when I had gone back to it, but it didn't latch tightly (Our car is tricky that way. If you don't close it tight enough the light doesn't shut off.) because I left the seat belt hanging out. Seriously?

I am beginning to think there may be more posts like this to come...

2 comments:

Bethany said...

LOL! I hope you feel better soon and can get a little extra rest today. I would agree that being sick as a mommy is the worst.

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

I hope you feel better Elizabeth! You need some rest!

Babywearing