Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Can I blame it on sleep deprivatin?

This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep. At least I am hoping I can blame my stupidity on lack of sleep. Let me explain what it is and what happened. :)I bought a rotisserie chicken from the store for Ryan's birthday. I always give the kiddos their favorite supper for their birthday. Since I bought it early in the day I just stuck it in the Refrigerator, planning to heat it back up before supper time. About a half hour before supper I pulled the chicken out of the fridge and read the instructions. It said, "Place chicken on a cookie sheet, in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes." So that's exactly what I did. When the timer went off I pulled the cookie sheet out. To my horror, the chicken was surrounded by a mass of melted PLASTIC!! Yes that's right, I never removed the plastic container that the chicken was in in. I just placed the whole thing on the cookie sheet.

I cried! Really, who forgets to take the plastic off? Actually, I wish I could say that I forgot. I think it's worse that I didn't forget, I just didn't even think about it. Besides, the instructions didn't say to take the chicken out of the plastic container. Although, I am guessing that is just common sense...apparently I no longer have any! :)

With a little hesitation, we ate the chicken anyway. It tasted just fine. No one got sick from it, so I guess it all ended ok. :) It makes for good laugh now!

Oh, by the way, I snapped the picture AFTER we took the chicken out. :)

2 comments:

The Bailie Clan said...

oh my gosh, liz! lol!!!!! that is the funniest thing ever! hahahaha...

ahh dear!

even though it didn't make a dinner..it sure made a good laugh, i'm sure for the whole family to enjoy! :P :)

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

HAHA, thats the funniest thing I've heard in awhile! We all do dumb things like that, dont think that your alone at all! I think we should name it the mom disorder!

Babywearing