Saturday, March 8, 2008

You are Good

I have to say I feel very blessed. I am so thankful for the church family that God has placed us in. They have just poured out love to us and been so supportive. I had been really nervous about adjusting to having 4 little ones. Bill had to go back to work that Monday after Claire was born, so I was on my own! I don't have a mom that can come over and help out. I don't have my family close by that I can call to pick up and help out whenever. I'm not complaining about that, it's just that way things are. However, we have been so blessed with friends from our church who I consider to be like family, and have stepped in often times and filled in where there was a gap.

I have had so many offers of help lately. I have had a few friends come over so I can run Claire to the Dr. or get to the grocery store. We have had meals and gifts...we have been so spoiled! I am without words to express the gratitude I feel towards everyone.

Last Sunday was our first time taking Claire to our church. I love how excited everyone is for us and the love that has been shown. It is so great to be in a place where life is embraced and celebrated...the world is so opposite of that. There is something so comforting about being surrounded by people who love you and desire to help you raise your little ones to be godly.

I mentioned that when I was in labor I listened to the CD "Sing Over Me". My friend Bethany had recommend it to me, and I am so glad she did. I was listening to it the other day and the song, "You are Good" really struck me. God has blessed our family so much...through good times and bad. He has given us everything we need. This song embodies everything I have felt over the past year. It is a beautiful love song to our Heavenly Father.

We praise you God because you ARE good! Thank you for the hands that you have lent to help us out when we have been in need. Thank you for loving us and for your grace. I pray that my life can reflect You, and that you will use our family for Your glory.

2 comments:

Charlyn said...

Thank you for your sweet prayer for our anniversary! It meant a lot.

And I agree with you. There's nothing like having the body of Christ surround you in your times of need and times of joy. I believe it is a tiny look into what heaven will be like!

Love you my sis in Christ!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that your church family has been so good to you! What a blessing! I love your daughters name and the meaning!! She is beautiful! Truly! She has the same look as all of your other kiddos!

Babywearing