Sunday, June 21, 2009

The kind of man he is

I called my dad tonight to wish him a happy Father's day. In the course of our conversation he ended up telling me how proud he was of me...and how thankful he was that I was his daughter. Those were the kind of things I was supposed to be saying to him. It is Father's day after all. I called to tell him what a wonderful father he is, and he ends up telling me how much he loves me. That is the who my dad is. Always thoughtful, humble, godly. I don't know what I would do without his encouragement and wisdom. I often find myself at a loss as to how to express my gratitude towards him. I have an amazingly supportive father. I could not be more blessed. I am so grateful for any and all time we get to spend with him.

Thank you dad for all you do for us. I thank God for who you are and that I get to be your daughter. You mean more to me then I would ever be able to say. Thank you for always being there for us and for your thoughts and prayers.

Happy Father's day. I love you!



4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What an awesome dad you have!!!!! It's great that you got to share that time with him today!

Pam said...

You are indeed extremely blessed to have such an awesome man for your Dad!

Tara said...

That is so sweet!!!

Allie said...

You are much better with words than I am. I think that sums Dad up nicely.

Babywearing