Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tea Party

My friend Janel and I decided to do a combined birthday party for our daughters. Anna and Ella's birthday's are a week apart (2 years in age difference). Our theme was a fancy tea party. We had a blast planning all the food, decorations and activities. Janel and I stayed up until about 1:30 am the night before making all the food. Oh the laughter we shared in the process! What great memories I have tucked away from some of our last months here.

The girls were invited to wear their fanciest dress and accessories. Janel and I spent time curling our girls hair, painting nails, and applying (a little bit) make up.

Anna was quite pleased with how her hair and outfit turned out. She said she felt like a
princess. :)

Putting on fancy heal shoes!

Some of the girls wore fancy hats.

We started the party by talking about manors and what it means to be a lady. Here Janel is reading to them from a Fancy Nancy book.

Heading outside to the tea party. We set up a screen tent and decorated the inside. Look at all those beautiful dresses. :)

Petite fours, made by yours truly.

We used my grandma's fancy dishes to serve the girls. Each girl had a flower pot with a flower sucker as a place holder

Some decorations.

The tea pot and tea cup cupcakes that we slaved over into the wee hours of the night. Hey, it wasn't perfect but our girls loved it!

One of the girls trying a crumpet with jam.

Yummy scones made by Janel, and the pb&j finger sandwiches.
Enjoying a cup of tea.

One of the activities we did was to (attempt) play croquet with the girls.


Janel and her daughter Ella and myself and Anna.
I am so glad we decided to do this together. I know this is a party that we will all treasure and remember for a long time.

8 comments:

The Bailie Clan said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

You guys did an awesome job!!!!! and the girls are all beautiful!

Charlyn said...

How adorable! I love it!

Tara said...

wow that really turned out great! lovely pictures!!

Charlyn said...

P.S. My favorite is the picture of the two girls in dresses bent over. Too cute!

Stephanie said...

Such a sweet party! What a great idea to incorporate a "lesson" on manners at the party. That's awesome. I'm going to keep that idea in mind as my girls grow up. Thanks!

A Dreamer said...

Now that is totally a little girls dream! So pretty and fun.

Nell

PS
My name is Janelle, too. I just use my nick name online!

Janelle and Ella said...

You moms did a great job. What an adorable party!
Your grandma's dishes are beautiful. And you guys did a great job on the tea kettle and cups cake. That is a brilliant idea.

Babywearing