Monday, July 13, 2009

4th of July

I am a bit behind in posting these but better late then never. :)

We had a really great 4th! We spent the day with family and friends. I love how excitement just fills the day. The kids could hardly contain themselves with all the festivities of the day.
One of the benefits of where we live (right in the village) all we have to do is step out our door to see the parade, so we always have front row seats. :) This picture is of my sister in law and her husband and son.

The kiddos always plug their ears when the fire department comes by, but you know they love it! :)


Claire and her friend Chloe. They are too cute together.

Claire was so excited to get a piece of candy out of the street like the big kids. I didn't bother to fill her in on the fact that it was something that you could eat. :) She just kept proudly showing us her prize.

James.

Claire enjoyed sitting on the curb with the big kids.

After the parade we went over to our friend's house for a cookout. While there we did a few fun things. James wasn't sure what to think of the smoke bombs.


Anna and Ella doing sparklers.





And of course the highlight of the day...fireworks! We walked downtown with our friends to watch.




Hope you all enjoyed your holiday!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

What beautiful pictures!

If you don't mind could you tell me what setting you use for the nighttime pics...they are spectacular!

The Graham Family said...

Wow! You really did get some great pictures. I love the hands and the sparklers. Of course I love that one with Chloe and Claire as well. Awesome! It was a really fun day.

Stephanie said...

I love that picture of Claire sitting on the curb. She is so precious.

And what great fireworks shots! That must have been a pretty impressive show.

Nell said...

I've missed so much of your blog lately. I'm so sorry. I guess time has gotten away from me. These pictures are amazing and capture such a sweet time!

Nell

Babywearing